Density Inc.: DevOps Engineer (on prem)
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. Our API is the foundational component that customers rely on when integrating and interacting with our data. Making people-count data available, in a real-time setting, means all underlying systems must be continuously operational and ready to scale at a moment's notice.
We’re looking for an engineer to help bring Density on-premise for our enterprise customers. This position will play a large role on both the hardware and software teams in crafting the deployment, orchestration, and management systems that power Density in a closed system, at enterprise locations.
While Density is a remote-friendly company, we have offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse, NY.
This position reports to Density's Head of Engineering
Here's what we're looking for
- RHEL sysadmin experience, RHCSA a plus
- Background with rpm packaging and distribution
- Strong understanding of systemd
- Strong linux fundamentals
- Understanding of a distributed framework like kafka, hadoop, etcd, etc (understand the concepts)
- AWS SysOps Associate or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with ansible
- Familiarity with PXE
- Working knowledge of git
Icing on the cake
- 5+ years industry experience building and scaling web applications and APIs
- Familiarity with software build systems such as CMake, Autotools, and Make
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible
- Deep experience with Python and Django
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/density/b37a4c24-b043-4c14-a643-2252801c824e/apply?lever-source=weworkremotely