Op4G Inc.: Full-stack Rails Developer
Headquarters: Portsmouth, NH
- 3+ years of experience with web technologies and web app development.
- 1-2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL, git/GitHub, testing/TDD, Heroku, and the MacOS/Linux dev environment.
- Good work ethic.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen and reside in the continental US.
- Available during US daytime business hours.
- Able to travel occasionally (2-4 times/year) for company meetings.
This is a full-time, salaried position with health insurance, paid vacation, and 401(k). Salary will be based on experience, starting at $75,000/year.
We’re a small software team, with two full-time developers and one part-time contractor. We’re working on a 2-year-old, Rails 5.2 app that runs the company operations. We’re regularly shipping new features while keeping a high level of code quality. There’s always maintenance and refactoring to be done, but we have 90% test coverage and a relatively low amount of technical debt.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about the work, easy to get along with, and able to consistently make progress without constant supervision. As our third full-time developer, you’ll have an opportunity to make a significant impact. We have a mix of new development and maintenance work planned and you might be doing both.
Some tasks you might work on:
- Integrate with an outside service to stop and start drip campaigns.
- Create a job that automatically emails members who need to finish signing up.
- Improve an upload process that is timing out for large files.
- Work on refactoring our code to remove a model we no longer need.
As you learn the business and the application, you’ll be responsible for working on larger features that touch all parts of our operations, both for internal staff and public users.
Send your resume or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com. No recruiters, please.
Written communication is very important for a remote team. Please answer the following questions to give us an idea of your writing style:
Have you ever worked remotely before? What do you see as the pros and cons?
Do you have any experience with agile/Agile development? What do you like or dislike about it?
Do you prefer RSpec or Minitest? Why?
Please include a Github repo or other code samples, along with links to live projects you have built or worked on, including descriptions of your role and the work you did.
Candidates may be asked to complete 1-2 small projects as paid contractors before receiving an employment offer.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org