Reviewshake: Senior Backend Engineer (RoR)
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Reviewshake is building the home for all online reviews - be it local business reviews, products, mobile apps, music, movie, podcasts and more.
Our main platform is a SaaS product that provides a management layer for businesses to manage reviews on 80+ review sites, including Facebook, Google, Yelp and Trustpilot. As a technology company, we also commercialize the tech that powers our company through several APIs in our Supervisor product.
We're an established business with hundreds of paying customers and a team of 10, and are searching for a full-time backend developer that can help maintain our existing code base and expand our feature set. Being bootstrapped (not venture-backed) and fully remote, we don’t strive for growth at all costs, and are building a company that we can be proud of, and enjoy working for.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity working with external APIs, like Sendgrid, Facebook, Google, Stripe, Twilio, Twitter
- A passion for writing code that's clear and based on best practices
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Product-orientated, empathising with the customer
Nice to have:
- Experience working with multi-tenant applications
- Building APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with frontend developers
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership of projects
In a typical day, you will:
- Develop a new API endpoint to support updated React components
- Be responsible for overall backend code quality
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to our product development
- Make sure we’re meeting our product roadmap
- Work with our team to create both technically viable and beautiful user experiences
Our team is fully-remote and we communicate primarily through Slack, Asana and a few short, weekly meetings via Hangout — we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that’s free of distractions.
- $60 - 75k salary (USD)
- 0 - 0.2% options
- 26 days of holidays
- Co-work expenses covered
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/reviewshake/j/F2633B1247/