Stack Builders: Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote - Part-Time)
Headquarters: New York
Stack Builders is a software consultancy based in New York with offices in Quito, Ecuador. We deliver high-quality software and work on interesting projects with diverse, dynamic and passionate teams. Our organization values intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, and great programming abilities.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer. We value developers who are able to work in complex projects and identify high-level proposals quickly for significant changes.
In this project, you will be maintaining and an application with a user-friendly interface guided by cutting edge business philosophy.
What specific abilities should the candidate have?
- Can make large contributions to significant OSS libraries written in Ruby.
- Testing and the ability to write unit tests/specs (we use popular Ruby testing frameworks).
- Offer suggestions for improving code in client projects based on open-source code that you’ve read in prominent projects.
- Write code that demonstrates the ability to limit dangerous forms of mutability in Ruby.
- Deliver high-quality code at a consistent velocity.
- Solid understanding of software design patterns and architectural principles.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive..
- We expect proficiency with Continuous Integration services such as CircleCI.
- Advanced English level is required since all internal communications are conducted in this language.
- Work proactively with other engineers and peers to ensure that the product requirements and dependencies are managed effectively across the broader organization.
- Be able to work part-time, overlapping some hours with the EST time zone.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Agile environments using Jira.
- Experience working in remote teams.
To assess your code quality, please submit the link to your GitHub page or similar. We will be looking for clean, well-structured code, as well as automated tests.
If you are living in Ecuador, please apply through our portal for any in-house full-time employee positions that may be available. This position is not open to agencies or consulting firms.
Stack Builders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or pregnancy.
You can learn more about us visiting https://www.stackbuilders.com/
or take a look at our blog posts and tutorials to see some contributions from our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us are:
- Strong learning culture
- Regular pairing sessions
- Challenging projects
- Opportunities for company-sponsored conference participation and technical talks
- Exceptionally talented and passionate coworkers
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/stackbuilders/j/90764BFE57/