Nearsure: Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js or Python)
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
We are a fast-growing company with amazing opportunities!
Nearsure was created to help US-based companies augment their software development teams efficiently. By being remote-first and connecting with developers across Latin America, we can access top tech talent while keeping a lean organizational structure.
Our reach spans thousands of IT professionals, with skills in multiple industries and technologies. We have a fully distributed team
working remotely from Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Honduras, Peru and Uruguay and we want to keep expanding all over Latin America!Role Description
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with Node.js and/or Python expertise to join the 100% distributed team of a remote-first company from the US. This fast-growing company currently helps over 3 million professionals be more productive, by building software that connects and automates the web applications we all use every day.
In this role, you will be working with many different APIs to build and maintain complex integrations that solve the customer’s needs, with a strong focus on quality. You will also work on many different projects across the organization and will have the opportunity to constantly collaborate and communicate with people from awesome global companies, such as Dropbox, Facebook, GitHub, Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Twitter.
This is a remote, full-time position with a 40-hours workload per week for Latin America only.
- 7+ years of professional experience delivering higher quality products in engineering roles
- Experience with Web APIs
- Strong HTTP fundamentals (performance, validation and expiration models, etc)
- Understanding of OpenAPI 2-3 (aka Swagger)
- Familiarity with Github (standard pull request code review model)
- Familiarity with Datadog
- Experience with Logging (Splunk, Graylog)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of taking a proactive approach towards problems
- Able to understand the users’ and customers’ needs
- Interest in coaching and assisting others to help the engineering team be more efficient
- Experience with AWS Lambda (desired)
- Experience working with agile methodologies (desired)
- Experience working remotely (desired)
- Proficiency with Node
- HTTP clients
- Testing frameworks (Mocha, Chai, Nock)
- TSLint & Prettier
- TypeScript (or Flow) experience
- Understanding of Python (desired)
- Familiarity with Lerna (desired)
- Proficiency with Python
- Docker/Kubernetes/Gitlab (for CI/CD, or similar)
- Unit Testing
- Understanding of Node (desired)
What We Offer
- Work from home, with flexible working schedules
- Competitive salary in USD
- Paid time off (annual leave, national holidays, sick time and parental leave)
- Take part in challenging projects for distributed companies in the US
- Integrate a growing team with great opportunities for professional growth and a friendly, multicultural environment with a great company culture.
- A tailor-made benefits package focused on health, wellbeing, entertainment, training and personal finances available for you to choose what you really care about
To apply: https://nearsure.applytojob.com/apply