Alchemy + Aim: Front End WordPress Developer
Headquarters: New Jersey
the basics of the back-end developer position:
+ You’d be working on custom WordPress sites. Ideally, you would be comfortable with front-end pieces as well as complex back-end ones.
+ You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we’ll need to do either via video chat.
+ You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
+ Depending upon the type of work, you’ll either get paid a flat rate on a per-project basis or hourly for any clients we have ongoing support with (particularly those for which the scope is ever-evolving).
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You’re very comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields.
- You are comfortable working with third party APIs like Mailchimp or Google’s APIs.
- You understand how to work with cPanel, working with databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
This job IS for you if:
- You’re available fully or partly during standard EST hours – roughly 9am to 4pm EST. We're hiring two positions and one of those would need to be during standard operating hours.
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least one year.
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Most projects last between 4 and 12 weeks, depending upon the size of the project and the client feedback process.
To apply: https://alchemyandaim.com/the-team/apply/back-end-developer/