Geekbot: Senior PHP Backend Engineer
Headquarters: Limassol, Cyprus
Geekbot is co-shaping the future of work. We are helping companies build a healthy remote culture, be more efficient and eliminate unnecessary meetings. For more than 4 years we run asynchronous standup meetings & reports in Slack, building together the agile culture.
We are proud of supporting 65.000 users around the world to communicate effectively with their team, organize their working life, monitor their progress and free-up valuable time to focus on their productivity.
We have prevailing principles that revolve around the wellbeing of the team and the serenity of the workplace whether this is physical or virtual. We are a small team of 15 that kick ass. Carefully cherry picked, the best of every expertise, we are a bunch of unicorns in engineering, UX/UI & product design, AI and marketing. We innovate, move fast, have breakthroughs and always manage to bring our product to a shinning state of 'almost perfect'.
BBQs and parties are a secret ingredient to our success so you'll find us every other week getting together to share some love <3 (and food).
We are growing fast and are looking for a Senior PHP Engineer to join Geekbot and help us create the next generation in bots!
If you are the ideal candidate you should do 3 things in our team:
- Develop yourself and practice becoming better at what you do every single day.
- Support other people in the team in their development path.
- Grow our products which, by the way, is the medium in achieving the first two.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years experience writing PHP applications
- Multiple years experience with MySQL
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks, libraries and composer package manager
Nice to have previous experience with:
- Microservices architecture
- Docker containers
- Google cloud platform
- Test driven development
Additionally, the following skills would be greatly appreciated:
If you write Haskell you will be instantly hired :O
- Freedom to choose when and where you work from.
- Competitive salary.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Opportunities to attend trainings, workshops or conferences.
- At least one company off-site for team-building.
- At least 5 team meetups a year (if you are remote-only).
- Access to any book related to your growth and development.
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/geekbot/j/2CF9DC79D9/