StitchFix: Lead Software Engineer
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Stitch Fix’s Merchandise Engineering team is looking for a mindful, empathetic, and self-aware Lead Engineer to join our team to help us move thinking forward. We create tools that support and enhance the workflows of our buyers and planners. We’re motivated by our ability to improve internal purchasing processes as well as directly affect the quality of our apparel and accessories.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the personalization Stitchfix is known for. We are a distributed team that collaborates & pair-programs across 4 time-zones, and we love building relationships that enable everyone to learn & ask questions. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Stitchfix is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE...
- You will ship features that will delight our internal users and directly affect our client’s fix experience.
- You will partner with business partners, product management and design to help set project scope.
- You will participate in technical design discussions, remove blockers and align stakeholders.
- You will drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality.
- You will iterate on our agile-inspired process to help us build better software as a cohesive team.
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE...
- Are enthusiastic about technology
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Are respectful, empathetic, and curious
- Thrive in collaborative teams with a shared goal
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- Have roughly 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Are comfortable working independently to build full-stack features with Ruby on Rails
- Enjoy mentoring your teammates & seeing their skills develop
- Might have experience leading projects with 2-4 engineers
- Might have experience with microservice architectures
- Might have experience with Postgres, Redis and/or RabbitMQ
- Might have experience working remotely
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK...
- Ruby and Rails
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work—and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
To apply: https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs?gh_jid=2063060&gh_jid=2063060