Yoko Co: Web Developer
Headquarters: McLean, VA
Hello, wizards of web development! If you have WordPress experience, are great at what you do, and want to make a positive impact in the world... we want to talk to you about joining our team.
In this role, you'll collaborate with our designers, producers, and other developers to build great stuff—often in the form of WordPress websites (or things that integrate with WordPress sites), but also all sorts of other neat things as well.
If you're a proactive problem solver, a tinkerer, a self-starter, and, when necessary, a search-Stack-Overflow-until-your-eyes-fall-out type of person, keep reading!
Some of the things you might do:
- Collaborate with your teammates to create strategy, come up with new ideas and provide insight and expertise for our projects
- Develop and implement new features and functionality for WordPress-based websites (and other non-WordPress things, too)
- Establish and provide guidance for backend architecture
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
In order to be great at this job, here are some of the skills and attributes you'll need to succeed:
- Experience working with responsive frameworks, like Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Proficiency in PHP/MySQL back-end development.
- Advanced WordPress skills, including writing custom functionality, themes, and/or plugins.
- Wizard-like ability with debugging tools (like Chrome Inspector, etc.).
- Experience integrating APIs.
- Proficiency with development workflow including Sass and Git.
- Bonus: experience with Single Sign-On integrations or React.
- Double bonus: experience working with other content management systems (like Drupal or Sitefinity).
- Double double bonus: the ability to balance an entire bunch of bananas on your forehead.
Some things to know about us:
We're all over the place. Our team is mostly remote, with people both in the U.S. and around the globe.
People really like working here. Our employees consistently rate their experience on our team as being in the 96+ percentile.
We believe in what we do. Learn more on our about page.
Still with us?
Great. Because we've got some good news:
In exchange for your services, you'll be rewarded with a flexible work schedule, competitive pay, unlimited leave, as well as participation in our annual shutdown (often two weeks off, sometimes more, at the end of the year). Plus, we celebrate most U.S. federal holidays by not working.
We welcome applicants from around the world, but please, no outsourcing companies or staffing agencies.
To apply, please email email@example.com
. Use the subject line "I am the Wizard" and be sure to include a link to your portfolio and/or GitHub.
To apply: https://www.yokoco.com/careers/web-developer/