Kinsta: WordPress Website Developer
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antartica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply or drop us a line, we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking for a talented and experienced WordPress Website Developer to help us with our web-based projects, mainly the expansion and the upkeep of our main Kinsta.com website.
You will be actively involved in implementing features for the marketing team, making sure the website can be managed with ease and building dedicated tools for our marketing and translation teams.
- In-depth technical WordPress knowledge
- 5 years experience developing your own plugins and themes - please show us some examples
- Experience in object oriented PHP
- Experience in writing unit tests
- PHP, MySQL, JS, CSS experience
- Experience with CSS supersets like SASS or LESS
- Experience with build tools like Gulp or Grunt
- Experience working with git repos in teams
- Database query optimization
- Experience with WP-CLI
- Experience with writing WP-CLI extension
- Experience and familiarity with terminal commands (Ubuntu)
- Some experience with server management (ssh, nginx, ansible)
- Experience with containerized environments (Docker, LXC/LXD, Vagrant)
- Contributions to well-known plugins like Jetpack - please show us some examples
- Contributions to WordPress core - please show us some examples
This is a fully-remote role. You can work from anywhere with reliable internet access.
- We offer a relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace
- We do not have any investors and we do not work directly with clients. This means we rarely have any deadlines and have the luxury of thinking features through and implementing them correctly instead of quickly
- Opportunity to work in a dynamically growing international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact
- Everyone has a voice in the development process
- We have an amazing design (UI and UX) team so development receives fully researched and designed tasks
- We work with only the newest and best technology
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it's like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.
To apply: https://kinsta.workable.com/jobs/1130791/candidates/new